Now Hiring: Assemblers
Position Title: Assembler
Location: All Locations
Duration: Full-Time, Permanent
You are the consummate team player, self-motivated and responsible, and you can use the word “spatchcock” in a sentence.
We are Barbecues Galore, the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s best collection of barbecues, fireplaces and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. All we need is a few new team members with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means send us your resume.
As a Barbecues Galore Assembly Personnel you will have the opportunity to work with a friendly and hard-working team in an exciting, fast-paced, and results-driven environment. There is room for growth and advancement within our company.
- Print and review updated build list for the day first thing in the morning
- Follow specs provided by manufacturer to build barbecue
- Ensure each assembled unit is cleaned and presentable (remove all finger prints, smudges, and dust – how would you want to receive your brand new barbecue?)
- Test fire and leak check all barbecues
- Make sure work area is clean and tidy – dispose all garbage/cardboard
- Ensure all assembled barbecues are double-inspected before the end of the day
- Other day-to-day tasks and duties involving retail and warehouse operations
- Comply with company dress code including safety equipment and hygiene
- 100% compliance of time and attendance to policies to ensure warehouse coverage
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Practice professional telephone etiquette following company guidelines
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse, office, kitchen, and washrooms
As a successful candidate you will have the following
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Valid Drivers License Required
- Provide recent drivers’ abstract
- Experience operating a forklift is an asset, however, forklift training is provided
- Ability to lift and/or move minimum of 100lbs
- Must be able to stand for long hours – majority of position is on your feet
- Excellent communication and listening skills are required
- A team player that can also work independently
- Must be able to work some weekends
To apply for this position, please complete our online interview by clicking here: https://hire.li/54e4570
Please enjoy completing our one-way interview. There is no pressure, just let your personality shine!