Now Hiring: Cashier - All Locations
Position Title: Cashier
Location: All Locations
Duration: Seasonal (Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal)
You are the consummate team player, self-motivated and responsible, and you can use the word “spatchcock” in a sentence.
We are Barbecues Galore: the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s best collection of barbecues, fireplaces and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. All we need is a few new team members with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means send us your resume.
As a Barbecues Galore Cashier you will have the opportunity to work with a friendly and hard-working team in an exciting, fast-paced, and results-driven environment.
We prioritize superior customer service:
- Giving a smile and greeting
- Being attentive, listening to the customers’ problems/needs/wants
- Using interpersonal skills to create connections
- Being informative and honest to gain a customer’s trust
- Maintaining a professional and courteous image to all customers – in store AND over the phone
- Ability to maintain relationships after they’ve left the store (whether they’ve made a purchase, requested a quote, or were just browsing)
You are here to give the customer a memorable shopping experience. The cashier must be able to handle transactions through the point-of-sale computer system, as well as enter customers’ information at an efficient pace (must be able to type accurately and listen to the customer clearly).
- Strive to maintain product knowledge
- An ongoing commitment to any training or development that is necessary to carry out all sales functions
- Respond to all customer requests promptly and to completion
- Understand the point-of-sale computer system in a timely fashion to ensure the professional completion of all sales transactions
- Ensure all store displays are kept full, and that all merchandise is to be clean at all times
- Help to maintain all areas of the store in a uniform manner
- Ensure that all product carried is being displayed, notably getting new items on the sales floor as soon as possible
As a successful candidate you will have the following
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Previous retail experience, while an asset, is not required as training will be provided
- A basic knowledge in working with computers
- Ability to stand for majority of shift
- Ability to handle a high volume of transactions (our busy season gets crazy)
- Must be able to work weekends and some evenings
- An interest in barbecues and food is an asset
To apply for this position, please complete our online interview by clicking here: https://hire.li/92c6157
Please enjoy completing our one-way interview. There is no pressure, just let your personality shine!