Position Title: Online Sales Representative
Location: North Calgary
Duration: Full Time
You are the consummate team player, self-motivated and responsible, and you can use the word “spatchcock” in a sentence. We are Barbecues Galore, the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s best collection of barbecues, fireplaces and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. All we need is a few new team members with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We're hiring an Online Customer Service Associate at our North Calgary location.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means come in for a chat.
As a Barbecues Galore Online Customer Service Associate you will have the opportunity to work with a friendly and hard-working team in an exciting, fast-paced, and results-driven environment. You will be doing a variety of tasks, from communicating online orders into our database, to helping online customers figure out which barbecue is best for them! Our online store is getting busier as each day gets closer to barbecue season, so we need a self-motivated and computer savvy person to help us get those orders processed.
Please note: For accelerated product knowledge and hands-on training, successful candidate will be working on our sales floor for one month. During this month, candidate will learn how to use our CRM software, knowledge about barbecues, patio furniture, and other products, as well as get to know our policies, such as Price Matching.
We prioritize superior online customer service:
- Entering orders into our database efficiently for satisfactory online customer service
- Being attentive, listening to the customers’ problems/needs/wants through chat, email, and sometimes over the phone
- Communicating to customers in the situation that products from their order are backordered or need to be adjusted
- Being informative and honest to gain a customer’s trust
- Maintaining a professional and courteous image to all customers – online AND over the phone
- Ability to maintain relationships after they’ve left the store (whether they’ve made a purchase, requested a quote, or were just browsing)
- An ongoing commitment to any training or development that is necessary to carry out all online order entry and online customer service duties
- Respond to all customer requests promptly and to completion (chat, email, or phone). Ensure proper follow up and take ownership of all service-related issues as they arise
- Understand our Customer Relationship Management software to ensure accurate customer information has been submitted, correct products are being shipped to the customer, and accurate recommendations are made for a customer who has previously purchased from Barbecues Galore
- Ensure a certain amount of daily online orders are entered into our system for shipping or customer pickup
- Inform website department when stock of a product sold online is depleting and needs to limited for purchasing
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Previous data entry experience, while an asset, is not required as training will be provided
- Previous customer service experience, while an asset, is not required as training will be provided
- An intermediate knowledge in working with computers
- Must be able to work some weekends
- An interest in barbecues and food is an asset
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!