Now Hiring: Delivery
Position Title: Delivery Personnel
Location: Burlington, ON and North Calgary, AB Locations Only
Duration: Seasonal (Full Time, Part Time)
We are Barbecues Galore, the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s best collection of barbecues, fireplaces and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. All we need is a few new team members with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means send us your resume.
This position is based at the North Calgary, AB location and the Burlington, ON location.
As a Barbecues Galore Delivery Personnel you will have the opportunity to work with a friendly and hard-working team in an exciting, fast-paced, and results-driven environment. There is room for growth and advancement within our company.
- Organize daily paperwork on items leaving the warehouse
- Utilize GPS system to plan most efficient delivery route
- Check all items going out on delivery before they are loaded on the truck – communicate with management team to solve any issues
- Load truck for deliveries and cleanup delivery truck at the end of every shift
- Ensure inventory of on-site fittings used are kept up-to-date and delivery truck tools are kept in proper working order
- Heavy manual lifting of barbecues, patio furniture, and other products through customers’ homes, up and down stairs, and maneuvering in tight areas are to be expected on the job site
- Team is responsible for taking care of delivery truck (fuel, housekeeping front and back of the truck)
- Keep outside of truck presentable – it’s a reflection of the company on the road, as well as is used for advertising purposes
- Provide superior customer service on the road (top priority) through
- Handling product(s) with care
- Placing and installing product properly
- Answer all customer’s questions informatively
- Provide a demo of how to turn on and operate the barbecue
- Comply with company dress code including safety equipment and hygiene
- 100% compliance of time and attendance to policies to ensure warehouse coverage
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Practice professional telephone etiquette following company guidelines
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse, office, kitchen, and washrooms
As a successful candidate you will have the following
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Valid Drivers License and proof required
- Provide recent drivers’ abstract
- Experience operating a forklift is an asset, however, forklift training is provided
- Ability to lift and/or move minimum of 100lbs
- Must be able to stand for long hours – majority of position is on your feet
- Excellent communication and listening skills are required
- A team player that can also work independently
- Must be able to work some weekends
To apply for this position, please email your preferred store: