Position Title: Delivery Personnel
Location: Burlington and Etobicoke, ON and North Calgary, AB Locations Only
Duration: Seasonal (Full Time, Part Time)
We are Barbecues Galore, the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s best collection of barbecues, fireplaces and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. All we need is a few new team members with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means send us your resume.
This position is based at the North Calgary, AB location and the Burlington and Etobicoke, ON locations.
As a Barbecues Galore Delivery Personnel you will have the opportunity to work with a friendly and hard-working team in an exciting, fast-paced, and results-driven environment. There is room for growth and advancement within our company.
Our delivery personnel are an integral part of our white-glove Barbecue Butler service. Our assembly and delivery service goes above and beyond your typical big box store service, with high standards and expectations set by the company, as well as the customer. We pay particularly close attention to detail, deliver our products with extra care, and are knowledgeable about the products, so that we can answer any questions a customer may have when we are at their home. We want each customer to feel the value of our great delivery team.
- Organize daily paperwork for items leaving the warehouse
- Planning the most efficient delivery route for each day
- Load and check all items going out on delivery – communicate with management team to solve any issues
- Ensure inventory of on-site fittings used are kept up-to-date and delivery truck tools are kept in proper working order
- Heavy manual lifting of barbecues, patio furniture, and other products through customers’ homes, up and down stairs, and maneuvering in tight areas are to be expected on the job site
- Provide superior customer service on the road (top priority), through:
- Handling product(s) with care
- Placing and installing product properly
- Connecting natural gas barbecues and other appliances to current up to code gas lines and leak testing (training provided)
- Answer all customer’s questions informatively
- Provide a demo of how to turn on and operate the barbecue
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times
- Driving in a safe and professional manner that represents Barbecues Galore
- Team is responsible for taking care of delivery truck (fuel, housekeeping front and back and exterior of the truck)
- Comply with company dress code including safety equipment and hygiene
- 100% compliance of time and attendance to policies to ensure customer satisfaction and delivery schedule commitments
- Practice professional telephone, texting, email and other communicative etiquette following company guidelines
As a successful candidate you will have the following
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Valid Class 5 (non-GDL) Drivers License Required
- Provide recent drivers’ abstract
- Ability to lift and/or move minimum of 100lbs
- Excellent communication and listening skills are required
- Fully vaccinated status according to current provincial guidelines (we're just doing our part to protect our team)
To inquire about this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and SPECIFY the location you're applying for.