Now Hiring: Warehouse Personnel
Position: Warehouse Personnel
Location: Burlington, ON and Calgary, AB
You are the consummate team player, self-motivated and responsible, and you can use the word “spatchcock” in a sentence.
We are Barbecues Galore, the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s best collection of barbecues, fireplaces and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. All we need is a few new team members with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means send us your resume.
As a Barbecues Galore Warehouse Personnel you will have the opportunity to work with a friendly and hard-working team in an exciting, fast-paced, and results-driven environment. There is room for growth and advancement within our company.
- Ensure all barbecue builds as per daily quota are removed from racking and are accessible for assemblers
- Stay up-to-date on company memos, communications, and instructions – check email at least once a day
- Maintain warehouse standards by keeping up with daily housekeeping and restocking
- Provide superior customer service with customer pick-ups through
- Handling product(s) with care
- Answer all customer’s questions informatively
- Receiving inventory orders, preparing and packaging outgoing orders, merchandising product within the warehouse, unloading shipping containers, and handling multiple types of paperwork
- Comply with company dress code including safety equipment and hygiene
- 100% compliance of time and attendance to policies to ensure warehouse coverage
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor at all times.
- Practice professional telephone etiquette following company guidelines
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the warehouse, office, kitchen, and washrooms
As a successful candidate you will have the following
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Valid Drivers License Required
- Provide recent drivers’ abstract
- Experience operating a forklift is an asset, however, forklift training is provided
- Ability to lift and/or move minimum of 100lbs
- Must be able to stand for long hours – majority of position is on your feet
- Previous warehouse experience, while an asset, is not required as training will be provided
- Excellent communication and listening skills are required
- A team player that can also work independently
- Must be able to work some weekends
To inquire about this position, please email your preferred store: