Char Crust dry rub is easy and fast to use! Simply dredge, sear, and serve. Use on any meat, seafood, or vegetable, and just broil, bake, grill, or even saut̩ee.
Grilling or Broiling
- Cover any meat or fish completely with Char Crust seasoning of choice. Be generous and pat or rub to coat evenly all over.
- For best results with low-fat meats or fish, add a drizzle of olive oil or a squirt of cooking spray to the seasoned meat. This provides a protective buffer on the surface of the spices and creates a perfect crust.
- Using a preheated broiler (top rack) or very hot grill, sear both sides of the meat. Then cook to desired preference. For juiciest results, do not pierce meat or press down hard on it.
- Preheat oven to highest temperature (500 degrees or higher is best).
- Follow Steps 1 and 2 from "Grilling and Broiling" above.
- Place roast in roasting pan that allows some space all around the roast. Place into oven and allow to cook for 15 minutes. Then turn temperature down to your desired roasting temperature (350 degrees is a common choice). Continue cooking until desired temperature is reached.