40th Birthday Giveaway
Thank you for sticking with us this far. We’re very appreciative of all our employees and loyal customers that have supported us over the last 40 years. Turning 40 is a huge deal. That’s almost halfway to 100… so we’re basically saying we’re celebrating as if we’re turning 100 years old! Wooh!
It’s Your 40th Too?! Giveaway
Now we know we’re not the only one turning 40 this year. 1979 was a big year. If you were born in 1979, we want to celebrate YOUR 40th birthday too!
It’s easy. Send us:
1. A photo of you WITH a barbecue
2. Proof you were born in 1979 (photo ID with DOB such as government ID)
3. Mailing Address
And we will send you a 40th birthday gift: A Barbecues Galore gift card worth $40! See images below for examples of photos we want from YOU.
Rules & Regulations
1. Contest is open to legal residents of Canada. Employees of Barbecues Galore and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family” includes spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and co-habitating “significant other”.
2. No purchase necessary to qualify.
3. You are responsible for obtaining permission from any person(s) or their guardian(s) appearing in the photograph.
4. Other than the photographs, information you submit to Barbecues Galore will not be shared with third parties.
5. Barbecues Galore reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend this giveaway should any causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, or proper conduct of such contest. Barbecues Galore reserves the right to correct any and all printing, typographical, or mechanical errors.
6. Gift cards are for in-store use only.
If you have any questions about Barbecues Galore’s use of your personal information, please contact Marketing by email at email@example.com. If you have any issues submitting the form above, you can email your photo, proof of ID, and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. If you are entering the “It’s Your 40th Too?!” birthday giveaway, you must submit a photo of yourself beside a barbecue. This photo will be published on our social media and possibly in other forms of digital communication (ie. newsletters). You must ALSO send us proof you were born in 1979 through photo ID. Your photo, name, and date of birth must be visible. Your proof of identification will not be published anywhere, and is solely for proof that the entrant is born in 1979. After submission of proper content, you will be eligible to receive a $40 Barbecues Galore gift card.
8. All entries and their copyrights will become the property of Barbecues Galore and none will be acknowledged or returned. Photos will not be returned and will be used to build a photo library for use by Barbecue Galore, its affiliates and any other permittee of Barbecues Galore. Such photos may be used to illustrate newspapers, newsletters, magazines, social media, brochures or other publications. Such photos may also be used in connection with advertising, promotions and displays, may be displayed on the internet (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other) or may be used for any other purpose as Barbecues Galore, its affiliates, or any other permittee of Barbecues Galore sees fit.
9. Photo may be color or black/white. We reserve the right to crop your photos if needed. Please send photos in JPEG format, high quality image setting, preferably shot with minimum 8 Megapixels and up, with a width x length ratio of either; 1:1, 4:6, 5:7, or 8:10 (if on a smartphone, you can adjust resolution in settings). Photos with embedded text or logos (ie. watermark) will not be accepted. We encourage you to get creative.
10. There is no limit on how many photos can be submitted. Only one prize will be awarded to an entrant.
11. Photographs and entry information must be submitted by August 1, 2019.
12. All submissions must be unpublished photographs and solely created by the submitting entrant, that do not infringe on the intellectual property, copyright, or right of privacy of any third party. Any entry, which in the sole opinion of Barbecues Galore is deemed inappropriate for publication, is ineligible.
Recipients’ first names and photographs will appear at www.BarbecuesGalore.ca and across Barbecues Galore’s social media channels. Barbecues Galore reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any entry and/or use any entry in its promotional material during or after the Contest without compensation to the entrants. For Barbecues Galore, promotional material shall include without limitation any print or electronic advertising or marketing material such as posters, online images, newspaper ads, television ads, newsletters, and social media content.
13. Recipients will be notified by mail.
14. Recipients must provide photo identification and proof of eligibility, if requested. Winners must accept terms of contest before prize is released. If terms are not accepted within 30 days of first notification, prize package will be forfeited.
15. Gift cards are not transferable and can only be used in-store.
16. Only one recipient per household per contest.
17. Absolutely no prize substitution permitted.
18. Barbecues Galore reserves the right to disqualify any contest winner if it is determined that the winner did not follow the rules of the contest.
19. Once a recipient is identified, all decisions are final.
20. Barbecues Galore and all associated properties are not liable for any damages incurred through the use or misuse of any prizes provided. All persons receiving such items agree upon acceptance to assume all responsibility and liability.