The 40 Year Old Barbecue Contest - CLOSED
Own a barbecue from 1979? Have proof of purchase? We want to give the first 3 people to send us a CURRENT photo beside their 40 YEAR OLD BARBECUE a brand new Broil King Signet 320! All you have to do is send us a photo and proof of purchase.
Contest is closed.
Rules & Regulations
1. Contest is open to legal residents of Canada. Employees of Barbecues Galore and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family” includes spouses, parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and co-habitating “significant other”.
2. No purchase necessary to qualify.
3. You are responsible for obtaining permission from any person(s) or their guardian(s) appearing in the photograph.
4. Other than the photographs, information you submit to Barbecues Galore will not be shared with third parties.
5. Barbecues Galore reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend this giveaway should any causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, or proper conduct of such contest. Barbecues Galore reserves the right to correct any and all printing, typographical, or mechanical errors.
6. No substitute prize.
If you have any questions about Barbecues Galore’s use of your personal information, please contact Marketing by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any issues submitting the form above, you can email your photo, proof of purchase, full name, phone number, and mailing address to email@example.com.
7. If you are entering the “40 Year Old Barbecue” giveaway, you must submit a photo of yourself beside a barbecue. This photo will be published on our social media and possibly in other forms of digital communication (ie. newsletters). You must ALSO send us proof your barbecue is from 1979 through proof of purchase. After submission of proper content, you will be entered in the queue for a Broil King Signet 320 barbecue that will be given to our first 3 entries.
8. All entries and their copyrights will become the property of Barbecues Galore and none will be acknowledged or returned. Photos will not be returned and will be used to build a photo library for use by Barbecue Galore, its affiliates and any other permittee of Barbecues Galore. Such photos may be used to illustrate newspapers, newsletters, magazines, social media, brochures or other publications. Such photos may also be used in connection with advertising, promotions and displays, may be displayed on the internet (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other) or may be used for any other purpose as Barbecues Galore, its affiliates, or any other permittee of Barbecues Galore sees fit.
9. Photo may be color or black/white. We reserve the right to crop your photos if needed. Please send photos in JPEG format, high quality image setting, preferably shot with minimum 8 Megapixels and up, with a width x length ratio of either; 1:1, 4:6, 5:7, or 8:10 (if on a smartphone, you can adjust resolution in settings). Photos with embedded text or logos (ie. watermark) will not be accepted. We encourage you to get creative.
10. There is no limit on how many photos can be submitted. Only one prize will be awarded to an entrant.
11. Photographs and entry information must be submitted by July 21, 2019.
12. All submissions must be unpublished photographs and solely created by the submitting entrant, that do not infringe on the intellectual property, copyright, or right of privacy of any third party. Any entry, which in the sole opinion of Barbecues Galore is deemed inappropriate for publication, is ineligible.
Recipients’ first names and photographs will appear at www.BarbecuesGalore.ca and across Barbecues Galore’s social media channels. Barbecues Galore reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any entry and/or use any entry in its promotional material during or after the Contest without compensation to the entrants. For Barbecues Galore, promotional material shall include without limitation any print or electronic advertising or marketing material such as posters, online images, newspaper ads, television ads, newsletters, and social media content.
13. Winners will be notified by email.
14. Winners must provide photo identification and proof of eligibility, if requested. Winners must accept terms of contest before prize is released. If terms are not accepted within 30 days of first notification, prize package will be forfeited.
15. Prize can not be substituted for any product, gift card, or money.
16. Only one winner per household per contest.
17. Winner(s) must PICK UP barbecue from their most convenient Barbecues Galore store location.
18. Barbecues Galore reserves the right to disqualify any contest winner if it is determined that the winner did not follow the rules of the contest.
19. Once a recipient is identified, all decisions are final.
20. Barbecues Galore and all associated properties are not liable for any damages incurred through the use or misuse of any prizes provided. All persons receiving such items agree upon acceptance to assume all responsibility and liability.