Weber Genesis II Series
For several months now, anticipation has been building and speculations swirling around the new Weber Genesis II Series barbecues. Now they have arrived and there are A LOT of changes from its predecessor! On top of that, there are 14 different models so we would understand if you find the new Weber Genesis lineup a bit overwhelming.
To help you sort out the differences and wrap your head around which model is best for you, we've created the feature breakdowns below.
All Weber Genesis Barbecues Feature:
- Electronic ignition system that carries the industries longest warranty - 10 years!
- A range of sizes from 2 burners(494 square inches) to 6 burners (998 square inches)
- High performance, stainless steel burners with unique tapered, top-ported rectangular burner design
- Grease management system to keep your burners and grease away from each other and to prevent flare ups
- Stainless steel heat deflectors creates even heat distribution and radiates heat back up into the cookbox
- Tuckaway™ warming rack system compatible with optional Elevation Series accessories
- Left side shelves fold down for space-saving awesomeness!
- Propane models come with tank baffles on right hand side
- Natural gas models come with 10-foot flexible hose
- Compatible with Weber iGrill 3 thermometer- they were literally made for each other!
And now for the differences!
Weber Genesis II Barbecues Feature:
- Open cart design - a throw back to the original Weber gas grills
- Porcelain enameled Flavorizer® Bars *
- Porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grills *
- Propane models come with fuel gauge
* Weber Genesis II SE-410 models have 7mm stainless steel rod cooking grills and stainless steel Flavorizer® Bars
Weber Genesis II LX Barbecues Feature:
- Closed cart design to tuck away all of your barbecue goodies
- 12,000 BTU side burner making your stove obsolete
- Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars for improved longevity
- 7mm stainless steel rod cooking grills for a low-maintenance alternative
- Roomier lid for cooking taller foods
- Illuminated control knobs and GrillOut™ Handle Light to help you grill whenever the mood strikes!
- High+ heat setting provides up to a 20% boost in BTU output for improved searing capabilities
- Available in your choice of porcelain enamel or stainless steel doors and lid
- Propane models feature upgraded LED fuel gauge on front control panel
*Weber Genesis II LX CSS & CSE models feature upgraded 9mm stainless steel rod cooking grills. (50% more mass!) More mass = Better searing performance.
Still not sure which one's for you? Visit our stores and our well-trained sales team will help you choose the best barbecue for your needs, wants or both.
- 10 years Cookbox: no rust-through/burn-through (2 years paint excluding fading or discoloration)
- 10 years Lid assembly: no rust-through/burn-through (2 years paint excluding fading or discoloration)
- 10 years Stainless steel burners: no rust-through/burn-through
- 10 years Stainless steel cooking grates: no rust-through/burn-through
- 10 years Stainless steel Flavorizer® bars: no rust-through/burn-through
- 10 years Ignition system (module, electrode assembly, wiring, and switch): ignition start (excluding battery and battery damage)
- 10 years Grease management system (slide-out grease tray and catch pan): no rust-through/burn-through
- 5 years Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates: no rust-through/burn-through
- 5 years Porcelain-enameled Flavorizer™ bars: no rust-through/burn-through
- 2 years All remaining parts