An uber-shareable dish that is sure to impress your guests. What could be better than warm, gooey cedar planked brie, oyster mushrooms and roasted garlic? We dare you to find something. This recipe comes from 'Hot, Sticky and on Fire' by one Ted Reader.
Cedar Planked Brie with Oyster Mushroom Recipe
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 shallots, diced
3 cups sliced oyster mushrooms
salt and pepper
2 small brie wheels (each 125g)
1 head roasted garlic
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 cedar plank, soaked in water for 2 hrs.
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the shallots and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
2. Preheat the grill to high and cut the top rind off the Brie
3. In a bowl, mash the roasted garlic with a fork. Stir in the sauteed mushrooms, green onions, thyme, vinegar, oil, pepper and salt to taste. Spread the mushroom mixture evenly over the Brie wheels.
4. Place the plank on the grill and close the lid. Let the plank heat until it starts to crackle, 5 to 7 mins. Carefully open the lid (it will be smoky) and place the cheese on the plank. Close the lid and bake the cheese until it begins to melt and bubble, 8 to 10 mins.
5. Remove planked cheese from grill. Serve with fresh baguettes.