Roasted Stuffed Pears
Roasted Stuffed Pears Recipe
- 6 firm fleshed Bartlett pears
- 5 tablespoons softened unsalted butter (75ml)
- 5 tablespoons gingersnap cookies crumbled (75ml)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (30ml)
- 2 teaspoons chopped lemon zest (10ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (2.5ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (1ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves (2.5ml)
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (15ml)
- 1 vanilla bean scrapped vanilla extract
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 3 cups apple wood smoking chips (750ml)
1 cup 35% cream (250ml) splash of Orange liqueur 1/2 vanilla bean scraped 1 tablespoon icing sugar (15ml)
Whipping Cream Place a stainless steel large bowl in the freezer, allow to chill for 15 – 20 minutes. Take the cream out of the refrigerator and the bowl out of the freezer.
Roasted Stuff Pears
1. Prepare smoke pouch. Place 2 cups (500ml) of apple wood chips into a bowl of cold water to soak for 1 hour and reserve 1 cup (250ml) of dry wood chips.
2. In a bowl combine room temperature butter and crumble in graham crackers. Add brown sugar, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, orange liqueur, scraped vanilla seeds and mix. 3.Slice a bit off of the bottom of the pears so that the pears stand up on a plate. Remove the tops and then core the pear using a melon baller.
4. Rub the pears with lemon wedges to stop discoloring. Stuff the pears with the mixture then put the tops back on.
5. Butter a bbq perforated baking sheet and add the pears.
6. To build a smoke pouch, drain 2 cups (500ml) of the wet wood chips and squeeze excess water out. Spread wet wood chips on a large piece of aluminum foil. Place 1 cup (250ml) of dry wood chips on top. Mix them together. Close the foil around the chips to make a sealed foil package. Use a fork to puncture holes in the top and bottom of the foil pack to allow the smoke to flow through and infuse the meat.
7. Prepare the barbecue for indirect grilling. Preheat the barbecue to 220ºF/110ºC. Place the smoke pouch directly over the heat source. Close the lid and wait for smoke.
9. Remove from heat serve with whipping cream.