If we're talking thermometers (which we are), then this guy definitely takes the throne for being the best of the best. The ThermoWorks Thermapen™ MK4 is capable of reading the internal temperatures of meat in just 2-3 seconds. Not only that, but it will deliver pinpoint accuracy with only a +/- 0.7°F margin of error.
Simply extend the probe and the Thermapen™ will turn on automatically. "But mystery Barbecues Galore person, what if it is dark outside?" Don't worry about it, the backlight will automatically turn on too! To use, simply stick the probe into the meat to get the internal temperature. No matter what angle you attack the meat at, the displayed temperature will automatically rotate so that you can read it. This little handy tool will be your next best barbecuing friend!
- Super-Fast™ technology allows the Thermapen™ to deliver temperature reads in just 2-3 seconds
- Incredibly high accuracy rating with only a +/- 0.7°F (or +/- 0.4°C) margin of error
- Left it out in the rain? No problem, it's water resistant!
- Great battery life which lasts up to 3,000 hours (Uses 1.5 volt AAA)
- Backlight display lets you see when cooking in the dark (with automatic sleep mode to conserve battery life)
- Automatic rotating display allows you to view the temperature at any angle you probe the meat
- Ability to swap between Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Measuring range is -58 to 572°F (or -49.9 to 299.9°C)
- 4.3 L inch probe which folds in when not in use