Position Title: Sales Associate
Location: All Locations
You are the consummate team player, self-motivated and responsible, and you can use the word “spatchcock” in a sentence. We are Barbecues Galore, the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s best collection of barbecues, fireplaces and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. All we need is a few new team members with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We're hiring sales associates at all of our locations.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means send us your resume.
As a Barbecues Galore Sales Associate you will have the opportunity to work with a friendly and hard-working team in an exciting, fast-paced, and results-driven environment. You must have sales and retail experience for this position.
We prioritize superior customer service:
- Giving a smile and greeting
- Being attentive, listening to the customers’ problems/needs/wants
- Using interpersonal skills to create connections
- Being informative and honest to gain a customer’s trust
- Maintaining a professional and courteous image to all customers – in store AND over the phone
- Ability to maintain relationships after they’ve left the store (whether they’ve made a purchase, requested a quote, or were just browsing)
You are here to give the customer a long lasting solution and a memorable shopping experience, while utilizing your proven selling skills and high product knowledge to convert opportunity into results. The sales associate must also be able to handle transactions through the point-of-sale computer system.
- Strive to constantly improve and grow personal sales through increased product knowledge, and hands-on exposure to products
- An ongoing commitment to any training or development that is necessary to carry out all sales functions
- Respond to all customer requests promptly and to completion. Ensure proper follow up and take ownership of all service related issues as they arise
- Understand the point-of-sale computer system in a timely fashion to ensure the professional completion of all sales transactions
- Ensure all store displays are kept full, and that all merchandise is to be clean at all times
- Help to maintain all areas of the store in a uniform manner
- Ensure that all product carried is being displayed, notably getting new items on the sales floor as soon as possible
- We require all applicants to have proof of double COVID-19 vaccination
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Previous retail experience, while an asset, is not required as training will be provided
- A basic knowledge in working with computers
- Must be able to work weekends and some evenings
- An interest in barbecues and food is an asset
To inquire about this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and SPECIFY the location you're applying for.