Now Hiring: Sales Associate
Position Title: Sales Associate
Location: Burlington, ON & Oakville, ON
We are Barbecues Galore, the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s BEST collection of barbecues, fireplaces, and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. All we need is a new team member with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means send us your resume.
You are the consummate team player, self-motivated and responsible, and you can use the word “spatchcock” in a sentence.
As a Barbecues Galore Sales Associate you will have the opportunity to work with a friendly and hard-working team in an exciting, fast-paced, and results-driven environment.
We prioritize superior customer service:
- Giving a smile and greeting
- Being attentive, listening to the customers’ problems/needs/wants
- Using interpersonal skills to create connections
- Being informative and honest to gain a customer’s trust
- Maintaining a professional and courteous image to all customers – in store AND over the phone
- Ability to maintain relationships after they’ve left the store (whether they’ve made a purchase, requested a quote, or were just browsing)
- Working 20 to 40 hours per week starting immediately
You are here to give the customer a long-lasting solution and a memorable shopping experience, while utilizing your proven selling skills and high product knowledge to convert opportunity into results. The sales associate must also be able to handle transactions through the point-of-sale computer system.
- Strive to constantly improve and grow personal sales through increased product knowledge, and hands-on exposure to products
- An ongoing commitment to any training or development that is necessary to carry out all sales functions
- Respond to all customer requests promptly and to completion. Ensure proper follow up and take ownership of all service related issues as they arise
- Understand the point-of-sale computer system in a timely fashion to ensure the professional completion of all sales transactions
- Ensure all store displays are kept full, and that all merchandise is to be clean at all times
- Help to maintain all areas of the store in a uniform manner
- Ensure that all product carried is being displayed, notably getting new items on the sales floor as soon as possible
- A strong merchandising background
- A genuine desire to help people and a healthy respect for co-workers are absolutely essential qualities for prospective employees
- Previous retail experience
- A basic knowledge in working with computers
- Must be able to work weekends and some evenings
- An interest in barbecues and food is an asset
To apply in BURLINGTON, ON please email:
To apply in OAKVILLE, ON please email: