Now Hiring: Assistant Store Manager
Position Title: Assistant Store Manager
Location: Burlington, ON
We are Barbecues Galore, the kind-hearted, independent giant of the Canadian barbecue and fireplace industry, and we’ve been looking for you.
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s BEST collection of barbecues, fireplaces, and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled foods. All we need is a new Assistant Store Manager with similar values and fresh perspectives to fill out our roster.
We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with. However, it’s still retail. If you’re at ease with all of that, then by all means send us your resume.
We are currently seeking the Burlington area’s best Assistant Store Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing the client experience from start to finish with an intense focus on superior customer service as well as driving sales.
- Working closely with the Store Manager on hiring, retention and direct supervision of approximately ten to twenty retail associates.
- Creating and maintaining a positive work atmosphere.
- Other customer service and sales-oriented responsibilities that come with taking on the role as a key decision maker in a competitive retail organization.
Things You Should Know About the Job
- The co-workers are awesome, we have a great team atmosphere that we take pride in.
- Salary level: this is a high-paced and demanding job. We want someone that knows they can do the job well and knows what salary they should earn. We want you to tell us your salary expectations. Only applicants that include salary expectations with their resume will be considered for the job.
- You’ll be required to deal with the public and people every day, you need thick skin.
- Our main product business is in barbecues and outdoor products, therefore, if you need extra time off in the spring and summer, this is not the job for you.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum two years’ experience supervising or managing sales associates and working in a retail sales environment.
- We place a high value on hard work and loyalty - applicants with a resume showing extended tenures in previous jobs will be given priority.
- We are not big on rules and procedures compared to some companies but we’re deadly serious about acting as a team.
- Decision Making. In this job, you will have to make lots of decisions. Some of them will not be perfect and we are okay with that.
- We expect a lotof our store managers. You need to be good at sales, employee management, merchandising, customer relations and much more.
- If you have the above skills and qualifications, send us an application now!
To apply in BURLINGTON, ON please email: