Position Title: Assistant Store Manager
Location: 5875 9 St. SE, Calgary, AB
Barbecues Galore has five gorgeous retail stores — three in Ontario and two in Calgary — offering the nation’s best collection of barbecues, fireplaces and patio furniture. Our culture is built on respect, exemplary customer service, and of course an unflagging passion for grilled chicken wings. We offer more flexible hours and a less rigid structure than most retail organizations. We also have some terrific staff lunches and lots of fun gear to play with.
You’ll be reporting directly to our Store Manager and will be assisting them with the day-to-day store operations as well as planning and strategizing for building future business. You will be responsible for maintaining the presentation and cleanliness of the store, and will be helping to lead a team of up to 20 employees. We’re looking for someone with enthusiasm and dedication, looking for a long-term career with a ton of growth potential.
- Managing the client experience from start to finish with an intense focus on superior customer service as well as driving sales.
- Assist the Store Manager in the hiring, onboarding and training of staff on an ongoing basis to ensure consistent operation of the store in a professional and efficient manner
- Sales training and development through “hands-on” interaction. Observe customer interactions and provide timely, relevant feedback. Utilize role-playing during down periods
- General knowledge when it comes to Microsoft Office, and some basic knowledge of how a CRM operates (we know they’re all different, but a general proficiency in any will help you to learn ours)
- Handle all escalating customer service issues to completion. Conduct necessary inquiries and follow up with customers in a timely manner. Solutions must be beneficial to both parties and follow responsible business practices, involving manufacturers’ representatives as required.
- Maintain all areas of the store in a uniform manner, ensuring store displays are neat and clean with relevant cross merchandised products for add-on sales
- Provide timely feedback to employees regarding performance and when necessary perform yearly evaluations with employees
- Other customer service and sales-oriented responsibilities that come with taking on the role as a key decision maker in a competitive retail organization
- Minimum five years of retail experience with at least two years in a supervisory or management capacity
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising or managing sales associates and working in a retail environment
- Exceptional customer service/interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational and analytical skills
- Consistently shows ability to be sales driven and results-oriented by taking action, relating all decisions back to store results and working to improve P&L
- Strong merchandising skills with the ability to drive the business through creativity and cross-merchandising
- Ability to take own initiative and to work strategically
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to coach and apply appropriate developmental tool for each individual
- Experience with preparing and administrating progressive discipline process and performance management as well as succession planning
- Decision Making. In this job, you will have to make lots of decisions. Some of them will not be perfect and we are okay with that
- Must be comfortable working weekends. This is a retail business and that’s when retail is busiest.
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation range: Starting at $50,000 based on experience
- Health spending account after three months
- Annual RRSP contribution after three months
- An insanely good employee discount after three months
- Flexible scheduling and no late nights, we’re only open until 6pm!
- Lots of food. We have a lot of barbecues and we love to fire them up. We’re always throwing something on the grill on a Saturday afternoon for the staff to enjoy