- 1 pound beef thinly sliced (we used rib-eye for the straight guy)
- 6 cloves (!) garlic - this is not a 'date night' dish
- 1/2 diced pear (a pear? What the...?)
- 2 sliced green onions
- 4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp rice wine
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- black pepper to taste (optional)
Lay out your ingredients.
Combine all ingredients. Add the sliced beef and marinate overnight in the fridge.
Grill quickly at high heat.
The beef cooks very fast when it's sliced thin so don't wander away. In fact, it's best if you bring a partner to help you.
Serve over noodles or rice...
...or over greens for a delicious, asian-style salad.
P.S - The official Korean government version of a traditional bulgogi recipe is here.