· Food For Thought
Bottom line here? You don’t want to be outside for too long so plan on something that grills quickly. One of our favourites is flank steak. Here’s a recipe that we got from www.cooksrecipes.com.
Bourbon Flank Steak Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak
1. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zipper-style plastic bag, mixing well. Add the steak; seal bag securely, removing as much air as possible, and place in a large bowl. Marinate for 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
2. Remove steak from marinade, reserving marinade.
3. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot coals (350* to 400*F / 175* to 205*C) 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
4. To serve, slice steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Makes 6 servings.