Spicy Chili Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Chicken – 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 2-3 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- ½ inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 small red chili peppers, grated
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Juice of 2 limes
- Chili flakes, if desired
- 1 of each: red, orange, yellow bell pepper
- 1 small head of iceberg lettuce
- 2 green onions
- Chopped peanuts, sweet chili sauce, to finish (optional)
Step 1: Preheat grill to low-medium heat, and oil a grilling pan or line a grilling basket with foil and oil it up. Assemble your ingredients.
Step 2: In a medium bowl, whisk garlic, ginger, chili peppers, soy sauce, lime juice, and chili flakes (if using); add the chicken and stir to coat. At this point, you can cook the chicken right away or marinate for up to 12 hours.
Step 3: Transfer the chicken and sauce to the prepared grilling pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until it is almost completely cooked through.
Step 5: When the chicken is almost cooked through, add the peppers and stir. Cook until the peppers become tender, about 4-5 minutes.
Step 6: Scoop the chicken and peppers into one or two leaves of lettuce to make a wrap. Top with green onions, peanuts, and sweet chili sauce, if desired.