Weber Original Kettle Premium - We find it ironic that this barbecue has wheels. The irony is that the wheel and the kettle barbecue share a common heritage. That being: once invented, they both remained exactly as was. (Or should that read, as is?) No matter.
The wheel is as round today as it was back then. Ditto for the kettle shape of this charcoal griller. As inventions go, they are 'fit for purpose' which is engineering-talk for: they're both good enough to do the job they were designed to do. If that sounds a little modest, read on. Here follows a list of the fit-for-purpose add-ons that Weber has engineered for this charcoal grill model. (It kind of sets a new Gold Standard for modesty, you might say.)
Colours Copper, Crimson & Green are special order only
- 363 square inches of cooking area from a 22 inch diameter plated steel, hinged cooking grill
- Aluminized steel One-Touch cleaning system
- An ash catching bucket underneath the cooking chamber to prevent your ash from getting kicked all over the place by the wind
- Weber's legendary heat-circulating kettle
- Porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with built-in thermometer
- Three glass-reinforced nylon handles
- Crack proof all-weather wheels
- Available in black, copper, crimson or green (some colors special order only)
- Want to keep it safe during the off-seasons? Grab an exact-fit cover!
For instructions on lighting your charcoal check out our Master The Grill post