The best option for bringing onto hiking trips right now would be a portable grill, like this Weber Q 1200. Unfortunately we're not quite technologically advanced enough to have spy-like barbecues that can shrink into wrist watches, so this is the next best option. It certainly beats lugging a full sized barbecue up a hill.
- 8,500 BTUs from a powerful stainless steel burner
- Electronic ignition system. None of this 'push button' nonsense for the Q™ 1200.
- Total of 189 square inches of grilling area from a heavy, duty cast-iron cooking grill
- Two folding work tables for easy portability and storage when not in use
- Built in thermometer lets you know exactly what your grill is up to
- Roomier roasting hood means more food. Who doesn't like more food?
- Cast aluminum lid and body for great heat retention
- Removable catch pan makes grease management a walk in the park
- Perfect for balconies, camping, RVing, and tailgating - folds up small
- Uses 1 lb propane bottles but can be adapted for use with a 20 lb propane tank for extended use
- Assembled dimensions: 15 1/2"H X 40 4/5"W X 16 1/2"D
- Shipping dimensions: 17"H X 28"W X 16"D; Cu.Ft.: 4.6'