Serves 4 (3 shrimp per person) Ingredients:
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- Juice of one large lime
- 6 tablespoons Sambal Oelek (or similar chili sauce)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- Oil, for oiling the grill
- Lime wedges, to garnish
- ¼ cup sliced scallions, to garnish
Step 2: In a small bowl, whisk lime juice, Sambal Oelek, garlic, and ginger.
Step 3: Pour mixture on top of shrimp and turn shrimp to coat. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Step 4: Preheat grill to medium heat and grease it well. Transfer the shrimp to the prepared grill and discard any excess sauce. Cook the shrimp for a couple minutes on each side, and once they are pink and opaque remove them from the grill and place on a serving dish.
Step 5: Garnish with lime wedges, chopped peanuts, and scallions, and serve immediately.