· Food For Thought
Spice up your S'mores!
The second best part about campfire cooking is the s’mores. Sure, you can make regular ones with graham crackers, a marshmallow, and a square of chocolate (okay, they’re not that simple – apparently there’s a science to it), but we like to keep it interesting. Here are a few extra delicious (read: sticky and messy) s’mores ideas:
- After you take the roasted marshmallow off the stick and before you put it on the graham cracker, fill up the hole in the marshmallow with Bailey’s or Kahlua.
- Use Oreos/chocolate chip cookies/peanut butter cookies instead of graham crackers.
- Add a couple slices of banana to the mixture.
- Substitute regular-sized marshmallows with minis, and use animal crackers instead of graham crackers for easy to eat, one-bite s’mores.
- Stack 3 uncooked s’mores on top of one another, wrap in foil, and cook over the fire for 5 minutes. Remove foil; eat cooked s’mores (see? Perfect for lazy people).
- Eat like an adult and use dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Better for you, more intense flavor and its inclusion in your s’more will make you wise in the eyes of other campers.