Who's ready to watch the Super Bowl LVII?? Whether you're backing the Chiefs or the Eagles, we can all agree every Super Bowl party needs BBQ and snack food. We've got 4 unique snack recipes for you to pick from - or try all of these low-cost, highly delicious snacks your friends and family will definitely devour.
Wild Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 pkg. Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 tbsp. Motley Que Chicken Fixx
- ½ cup Blues Hog Wild Wing Sauce
- 1 pkg. Pre-Cooked Shredded Chicken (or use last years Super Bowl recipe, Shredded Chicken Sliders, for a shredded chicken recipe)
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack (or Spicy Cheese)
- 4 strips Bacon cooked and crumbled or ( ¼ Cup precooked bacon bits)
- Choice of Chips, Crackers, Mixed Veggies, Crostini, or Bruschetta for serving
Wild Buffalo Chicken Dip Directions:
STEP 1: Pre-heat your favourite gas grill or smoker to 350°F - we're using our favourite Yoder Smoker YS640s.
STEP 2: Mix all the ingredients, excluding the bacon, in a large mixing bowl.
STEP 3: Now, place the blend in a heat-safe baking dish or disposable tin pan.
STEP 4: Now, top with all the bacon, and we mean ALL the bacon.
STEP 5: Put your delicious mixture on your barbecue for about 20 - 35 mins or until the cheese starts to bubble.
The treat on the left is the Sausage Popper Boats, keep reading to see the recipe.
STEP 6: Serve with chips, crackers, mixed veggies, crostini, bruschetta, or anything else you'd like to dip into it...even eat it by the spoonful, if you want.
Onto the next recipe: Hot Dog Burnt Ends!
Hot Dog Burnt Ends
- 16 All-Beef Hot Dogs
- 2 tbsp. House of Q Slow Smoke Gold BBQ Sauce & Slather
- 2 tbsp. Hardcore Carnivore Red
- 2 tbsp. Heath Riles Cajun Creole Garlic Butter Seasoning
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce
Hot Dog Burnt Ends Directions:
STEP 1: Preheat your smoker to 225°F, again, we're using our Yoder Smoker YS640s.
STEP 3: Place the newly flavourful hot dogs directly on your grill grates and smoke them for 1 hour.
STEP 4: After that's done, remove the hot dogs and slice them into 1.5-inch pieces. Next, place the hot dog pieces into a disposable tinfoil pan. Top them off with the butter, brown sugar, and Killer Hogs BBQ Sauce. Make sure all surfaces of the hot dogs are covered in sauce.
STEP 5: Increase the heat of your barbecue to 400°F and place the pan of hot dog burnt ends on the grill to cook for an additional 15-30 minutes. Remember to stir regularly until the butter is melted and the sugars have started to caramelize.
STEP 5: Take off the grill and bon appetit!
Sausage Popper Boats
Sausage Popper Boats Ingredients:
- 5 Sausages (full length Bratwurst or Cheddar)
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- Jalapenos (fresh, pickled, or smoked)
- 1 cup Tex-Mex Shredded Cheese
- ½ cup Shredded Italian Cheese Mix
- 4 strips Bacon cooked and crumbled or (¼ Cup precooked bacon bits)
- 2 tbsps. Prairie Smoke and Spice Tumbleweed All Purpose Rub
Sausage Popper Boats Directions:
STEP 1: Preheat your grill to 300°F.
STEP 2: In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, half of the Tex-Mex shredded cheese (½ cup), all the Shredded Italian Cheese Mix, jalapenos (to taste), bacon, and Prairie Smoke and Spice Tumbleweed seasoning. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until it's well combined.
STEP 3: Slice the sausage lengthwise down the middle and open it up to form the boat shape. Stuff the sausage with the rich, creamy, cheesy, bacon-y mixture you just made. Be careful, the sausages will be easy to tear.
STEP 4: Top with as much shredded cheese as you like.
STEP 6: Grill for about 45 mins or until cheese bubbles. The sausages should be darker, the casings crispier, and the cheese on top will be super melty.
STEP 7: Remove from the smoker and let it cool. The cheese in the centre will be hotter than lava so really be sure you give it a while before you take a bite. Voila!
Smoked Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Large Tomatoes (cut into wedges with the seeds and middle stem removed)
- ¼ cup Red Onion cut into wedges
- 1 Jalapeno (cut in half length-wise)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 tbsps. Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride: Carne Asada Seasoning
Smoked Salsa Directions:
STEP 1: Preheat your smoker to 225°F.
STEP 2: Place tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, and whole garlic cloves in a grill pan then on the grill grates.
STEP 3: Smoke for 90 minutes.
STEP 4: Add your freshly smoked tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, and whole garlic cloves to a blender or food processor, along with your lime juice, cilantro, and Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride: Carne Asada Seasoning. Use the pulse setting on your blender/processor until the salsa reaches your desired consistency.
STEP 5: Add salt to taste. Eat immediately if you like hot salsa. For cold salsa, transfer to a lidded glass jar and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving.
Letting the salsa sit for a while lets the flavours to combine and results in an elevated taste.
Grilling at your Post your photos and tag us on Instagram @BarbecuesGalore so we can share your creations too!
Looking for other BBQ dishes that get great reviews at Super Bowl parties? Here are a few original recipes for you to try:
- Shredded Chicken Sliders
- Juicy Lucy Double Cheese-Stuffed Burger Recipe
- Loaded Potato Chip Nacho Recipe
- Smoked Pork Belly Banh Mi Recipe
- Simple Sliced Brisket Recipe
Recipe written by barbecue enthusiast Andrew Plaza. Follow him on Instagram for more barbecue goodness by clicking here.
Did you enjoy this recipe blog post? Do you like getting deals on barbecue necessities? Subscribe to our Hotline Newsletter to be the first to receive updates on limited time deals and exclusive monthly recipes.
Have you made this recipe or do you plan to? Show us what you made by tagging us on Instagram @barbecuesgalore and use #GaloreFam to be featured.