The Brander gourmet ceramic pizza stone's extraordinary, extra-thick (15mm!) ceramic construction provides superior heat retention and unbeatable durability in all conditions.
Ceramic pizza stones come in many shapes and sizes. And while you can go with whatever shape you prefer, and even whatever size works for your grills, the most important thing to be picky about is the thickness of the ceramic.
As a general rule, the thicker the ceramic, the better. Thin ceramic extra fragile and won't hold on to the heat very well. A thicker ceramic will grab that heat and hang onto it until the cows come home.
- 15mm thick ceramic is extra durable and offers better heat retention than thinner pizza stones
- Wire rack is included to make moving your pizza stone off the grill much easier - a plus since thicker ceramic will take longer to cool down
- Ceramic is built to withstand extremely high temperatures. You can grill at the high heats that product a perfectly crispy crust.
- Use caution when moving your pizza stone - hot ceramic is very fragile and will burn skin very easily
- Great for use in your oven, on the grill, and in your outdoor pizza oven.
- Diameter of pizza stone is roughly 15"